Chinese President Xi Jinping will give a speech to U.S. business leaders including Apple Inc.’s Tim Cook and Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. as part of an exchange between top Chinese and American companies in Seattle.
Xi is visiting the U.S. at a time of mounting concern among U.S. business leaders that authorities in China are seeking to curb their market access and after President Barack Obama said this week that the U.S. was readying measures to forcefully demonstrate that Chinese cyber-espionage won’t be tolerated.
Among the Chinese guests at the Sept. 23 event are Jack Ma, head of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., and Yang Yuanqing, chief executive officer of Lenovo Group, according to the Paulson Institute, which is sponsoring the forum. It would be an opportunity for leaders to “discuss issues, challenges and opportunities facing the two countries and explore ways to strengthen the U.S.-China business and economic relationship,” the institute said.
The following executives will attend:
* Mary Barra, General Motors Co.
* Jeff Bezos, Amazon Inc.
* Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway
* John Chambers, Cisco Systems Inc.
* Tim Cook, Apple Inc.
* Dave Cote, Honeywell International Inc.
* Bob Iger, Walt Disney Co.
* Ellen Kullman, DuPont Co.
* Andrew Liveris, Dow Chemical Co.
* Satya Nadella, Microsoft Corp.
* Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo Inc.
* Dennis Muilenburg, Boeing Co.
* Tom Pritzker, Hyatt Hotels Corp.
* Howard Schultz, Starbucks Corp.
* Jack Ma, Alibaba
* Lu Guanqiu, Wanxiang Qianchao Co.
* Ma Huateng, Tencent Holdings Ltd.
* Yang Yuanqing, Lenovo
* Wang Yusuo, ENN Energy Holdings Ltd.
* Ma Zehua, COSCO Group
* Guan Qing, China State Construction Engineering Corp.
* Wan Long, Shuanghui Group
* Tian Guoli, Bank of China Ltd.
* Jiang Jianqing, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd.
* Pan Gang, Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial
* Robin Li, Baidu Inc.
* Liang Haishan, Haier White Goods Group
* Wang Jinshu, Shandong Yuhuang Chemical Co.
* Li Qiang, Tianjin Pipe Group